Educated and experienced docents lead you through the museum to share the story of the house, the founding family, and the City of Fort Lauderdale.
Make a Donation
The Historic Stranahan House Museum is a private, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit institution that provides educational, cultural, and community based programming across Broward County, the region, and through technology, across the globe.
Stranahan House is funded through museum admissions, private donations, grants, special events, and memberships. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Generous contributions by donors allow the museum to continue to provide free and reduced-rate programming to preserve, promote, and interpret the history of this House, the family who built it, and the City of Fort Lauderdale.
To make a donation or other inquiries, please contact:
[email protected] or 954-524-4736
- Anyone interested in donating an item to the house will either call or email Brittany Thomas at 954-524-4736 or [email protected].
- Brittany will go through a list of pre-qualifying questions to ensure the donation the following criteria: Time Period: 1890s to 1920s, Geographic Location: South Florida, Subjects: History of Frank and Ivy Stranahan and Fort Lauderdale, Themes: Seminole Indians, pioneer life, women’s rights to name a few, Use: Objects in the collection are intended for display, interpretation, outreach, or research
- Only eligible items will be given a scheduled appointment to come on property for an in-person assessment. Objects must be in good condition to be accepted.
- Items that continue to meet all the criteria during the appointment will be accessioned into the museum’s ownership using our deed of gift contract.
- Any items that come onto property without a scheduled appointment, or are left here without Brittany’s approval, will be promptly thrown away.
This policy must be put into place for legal reasons and to keep our museum organized.
If you have a family, friend, or acquaintance that would like to donate, please put them in direct contact with Brittany so she can begin asking the pre-qualification questions.
If you know of an item that is historical but does not fit our mission, we encourage you to reach out to our friends at History Fort Lauderdale to donate your item there. The phone number is 954-463-4431. We appreciate all your help and understanding with this new policy.